Saturday, April 4, 2009

Trixie Belden - The Secret Mansion

1. The Secret Mansion: (1948) Author: Julie Campbell Tatham

I grew up reading the Famous Five series and being a big fan of them. I read one Trixie Belden book which my sister owned when I was young. The book I read was The Red Trailer Mystery which was book 2 from the Trixie Belden Series. Of all the books in the series The Red Trailer Mystery was one that was a part 2 book and The Part 1 was The Secret Mansion.

As an Adult my interest in teen mystery series was really built on the strength of the early Trixie Belden books. That said .......

The first book in the series, Trixie Belden is a thirteen year old tomboy who lives on Crabapple Farm, New York. The story starts with the large Manor House next door seeing the arrival of new neighbors including a rich girl of Trixie's age, Honey Wheeler. The pair fast become friends and discover a runaway Jim Frayne.
The book is a classic and shows why the series became so popular. The first book reads even better when reading the second straight after due to the strong conjunction of the story. Rating:*****

No comments:

Post a Comment