Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Kay Tracey In the Sunken Garden


I read a 80's reprint of this Kay Tracey Mystery. This was a story about a girl that looks so much like Kay Tracey that she is mistaken for Kay and Kay is mistaken for her. I'm not personally a fan of this type of story (the exception being "Beverly Gray's Journey" which I loved.
Yes they say everyone has a double but even with the Internet now who has found one? This story left so many questions open. Is Kay now going to be mistaken constantly for this girl considering her mother lives nearby? This story was built largely on coincidences rather than detective work, in fact the first chance that Kay got to do any serious detective work she decided she was late for diner and better go home instead (would Beverly or Nancy ever do this?) Overall despite the staory issues I got through this book real quick which means it interesgted me enough to keep picking it up to read over doing other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment