Friday, December 16, 2011

Nancy Drew The Greek Symbol Mystery

Before going to Athens, Greece I decided to read this Nancy Drew book to compare the book description to the place much like when I went to Merritt Island and read the Mystery of The Moss Covered Mansion beforehand.


The plot of this story has Nancy's friend Helen Nicholas approaching Nancy to help her when I large inheritance she is entitled to is stolen. As soon as Nancy arrives in Greece she finds herself and best friends Beth and George in danger.
A series of clues lead Nancy and her friends to a ring of art smugglers and to the secret of the Greek symbol.


From a readers perspective The Greek Symbol Mystery isn't one of the strongest mysteries from the Nancy Drew Series. I felt that the author was playing "the tourist" a bit too much and throwing in popular places in Athens rather than keeping the story flow consistent. Yes I suppose if Nancy was visiting Athens on business for a mystery chances are she would still be a tourist getting around the popular sites but I wasn't wrapped up in the story line the way that I wanted to be. Nancy goes shopping and buys Greek Linen and friends buy some jewellery. 


Not saying it was a bad story I just did not just the excitement and anticipation I got from reading The Moss Covered Mansion, after that I couldn't wait to get around Merritt Island and visit the places that Nancy visited there. Although I loved Greece the story didn't enhance the experience in the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment