Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Nancy Drew Mystery of the Moss-Covered Mansion

Nancy Drew Mystery of the Moss-Covered Mansion (Revised Edition - Important to note as the original book was a completely different story)
As I was having to attend a course in Sydney and had two days of catching a train into the City I decided I needed to choose a book to read that wasn't too heavy for my bag, (hence the Twilight hardcover book I was half way through reading was not a practical option)

I read this book in preparation for the Nancy Drew Convention next year.
Read over the two days of travel to and from the city I must say I was totally engrossed. I have been to Florida before on vacation but to not any of the places listed in this book and the story encouraged me to want to see The Kennedy Space Centre and Merritt Island.
It kind of reminded my of some of the Trixie Belden books that take place on vacation and make you feel like also taking a vacation to see the sites at the same place.
The story is a bit far fetched in places (okay that's an understatement) and Nancy is saved at the end and I prefer my heroines to do the saving but that aside the story flowed so well and kept me so interested it made me want to read another Nancy Drew book next even though Nancy isn't usually my first choice,

On a side note I love the Nancy Drew torch series, the covers are great and the books have a nostalgic feel to them and they aren't too heavy for a handbag.

No comments:

Post a Comment